Customer nicknames

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Jan 3, 2002.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

This isn't a technical topic but was wondering if anyone has made up nicknames for there clients? Some that come to mind for me are----

Icecream Lady- Lady would bring out icecream on a silver platter

Icecream Man- Icecream ladies brother

Sleepy- Old man would watch us mow from his front porch, only
    to fall asleep

Trouble- If we mowed this guys yard after 2pm, he would be
    sauced and would want to help us work. Needless to
    say, he was put on a morning schedule!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

2. lawncare

lawncare LawnSite Member

The watcher- cust wants u 2 call when u cut his lawn and will watch from start to finish.

Sneak-a-peek-occasionally would peek out the window while working but once u tur n here dircetions would clost d curtains quick

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

4. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry Tom I guess I was too lazy to do a search. I'll know better next time.

LAWNS AND MOWER nickname- searchless

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

OTD = Older than dirt. I know its not really nice but this lady tells me take care of her lawn like 7 times in one conversation. I usually have to say alrighty then and act like she's not talking and just walk away. She has to be in her late 90's. I'm probably going to end up doing this ---> :blob2: for eternity for thinking bad things about her.

6. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Pack rat - the old lady goes around town looking for deals on anything she can find...even if she doesn't need it. She has TWO cars filled with junk, everthing from A-Z. I guess after she filled up the one car, she just went and bought another. When she drives it the bumper about scrapes the ground because it's so weighted down.

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

we have : b*ll sh*t bob(he always comes out and talks to us alot), we have night and day(two lawns right across the street from eachother, one waters, one doesnt, one looks great, other horrible) we have "deadbeat" number one, and # 2(both are a little hard to reach around billing time) we have "the town cryer", a lady whos been complaining about the service for 4 years, but continues to renew every year. we have "centerfold" enough said about that one. we have "no grass", a lady who insists we be there by 11:00 am, every thursday, cus"the lawn is overgrown", meanwhile, i havnt seen a blade of grass grow there for 2 years. we have"grass in the pool", a lady who swears we get grass in her pool when we wack, but we really dont. we have "scrapes on the pool", a lady who swears we scrape up her 4 ft. pool with the cutter, even though the scrape marks are under the deck, where we cant possibly get the mower. u know, now that i think of it, i dont know any of the customers by thier real name, its all knicknames.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Blondie- nice looking blonde gal
    yackity yack -talks to me too much
    dandelion city- tons of dandelions
    the watchers - the neighbors put down what ever their doing and watch
    apple tree house - neighbors apples fall in the lawn I cut
    ditch man -has long ditch
    shed house- has large shed.
    nightmare bob - bob evans rest. that has tons of trimming

9. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Hawk - any client who "hawks U start to finish"
    Horse tooth Harry:D
    Grandma
    Dad
    the "Candy Lady"
    "Crome Dome"

10. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL.....It's not Tom. It's Jodi...hence her name at the end of here posts (signature line)

Most of the nicknames we use can not be posted on this forum.:D