customer not paying

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bettergrass, Jul 1, 2004.

1. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

ive been cutting this russian ladys lawn for 3 years now....always having problems since she cant speak good english and she is just hard to work with.....well anyways she has me cut the lawn every two weeks which i hate enough for scheduling reasons but i deal with......

to the point my billing software got messed up so i havent been able to invoice but i have everything written on excel too and i come to bill her 158 and she tells me NO.... i only owe you for 3 cuts and the landscape....and i have wrote down 4 cuts at 20 a cut and 98 for some landscaping

What should i do im sure most of you have had this prob

i dont want to deal with court cause it will cost more to go to court than the 158 itself

Should i just threaten her or something like that....saying i will take her to court

She also seems to be afraid of dogs since i brougt mine in my car when i went to collect one time.....mabye i should bring him to the door and demand the cash LOL (germine sheperd+black lab+rotwiller) hehe

help

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I say deffinatelly no go on the dog action....might get ya sued LOL

3. txlawnking

Our dog/ beast..................

4. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

yea i was joking about the dog lol but it seems like a thought

that dog IS a beast man

5. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Does this customer pay by check,Brandyn?If she does you should be able to prove your point with either your bank deposit or her monthly statement along with the checks and their dates.If not,just tell her that you thoroughly checked your records and there's no doubt she owes you for 4 cuts.
    I leave an invoice in the customer's mailbox each time visit the property,with the date and a description of the work that was done.I keep a copy,too.If they like to pay once a month I tell them this is just a record that I WAS there on that particular day.Good luck. Jim

6. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Checking bank records wouldn't be much use unless she thinks she paid you for one of those cuts previously.If she simply doesn't think you came at all one of those times then maybe you could show her your schedule,if you have it written down.

7. txlawnking

Do what I do, take a dated before and after pictures of each visit, you don't have to document lik a crime scene, But pix are very hard to dis agree with, especially if you wind up in small claims.. pix are free,on a digital+ you can down load and burn the month's worth of pix onto disk and keep records of their prop, like if it has probs or something.

8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

this is yet another reason that i say billing per mow is useless. It creates much more paperwork and a larger potential for integrity disagreements. Bill per MONTH. Example: Weekly mowings at 25$ would be 100$ per month. If there are 5 mowings they get one free. If it doesnt need it mid summer then you make up the money by not having to mow. Also, your income doesnt fluxuate near as much. I know that when i was billing per month i was doing about 7500 in the spring and 2500 in early fall. 4 years later i do about 14500 per month straight across. This will also make it so you only have to bill once a month and dont have to leave bills per visit. It also makes it easier for the customer to keep track as well. JMO

9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

crack her over the head with a shovel!

10. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Just eat the $20. She said she owes you for 3 cuts and the $98 landscaping. You would be stiffed for $20 and not the whole amount.