Customer Notification Forms

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stumper1620, Sep 30, 2006.

1. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a home made application record form that I made up in word, I'm not happy with it since it is a dual purpose form and not that well laid out. (covers my records as well as the customer.) I would like to have a door hanger form for the customer only and a record form for me. I also still need a better worded "Risk/Benefit" leave behind for the clients. I cannot believe that we have no sponsors on this site that address the issue of these state required forms.
    Does anybody have these available to share? I would really like to just buy duplicators, but, cannot find anywhere that has the templates to personalize for my business.
    Seems to me that there is a big market of required forms that are not covered very well by the printing companies.
    I've looked at lescos forms, they suck. NEBS are not complete enough to cover the state requirements and I am really frustrated.
    searched this site high and low under about a dozen different descriptions and come up with nothing.
    Any suggestions?
    thanks.

2. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

PM me your fax number and I'll send you my risk/benefit sheet and my leave behind. I use CLIP now, but I had one made up last year and had a printer make carbons. I know it's not exactly what you want, but it may be of use. Marc

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I logged in 3 times, but it keeps saying--not logged in. Stumper. Why would you want two forms when one would do the job? I use a single full page self-carbon form for my invoice, and my own and Governmanet required records. i check off records of chemical, EPA number, fert, liklihood of drift, target pest, precautions and aftercare instructions. The carbon copy comes back to the office to post charges in computer. I also hand out a separate newsletter with instructions and suggestions for the season with risk benefit statement on the back.
    Maybe next year I will let computer print out forms or maybe get a printer for truck and print as I go.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Steve, I just completed one, and not to ring my own bell or anything, but it is by FAR the nicest I've ever seen. I'll send it to you. Also, (and here's the kicker) - a friend of mine (actually a friend of a friend) has taken it and turned it into a template form. She gave me dropdowns, and boxes that I just either tab through OR click on, and just hit x to fill in. This thing is nothing but awesome. She has completed one that she sent me (in word, but everything stays put) and she is doing one in excel for me. We are going to get together, as there are just a few slight changes she needs to make on the first one (template) regarding choosing between oz./lb. per 100 sq. ft./acre. the idea is, that I will just carry my laptop in the truck with a printer, and when I do the ap., I can QUICKLY fill this out, and print two copies (for customer and me). I will have a hard copy, AND one will be stored in the computer (on a drive backup stick). Now, I'm not sure, but she is confident that she can configure this as a custom invoice for QB. This will allow automatic transfer into accounts recievable. We're still researching that one, though.
    Oh, P.S. PM me your email address.

5. stumper1620

Thanks Joe,
    you have a PM.

6. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

i feel for you there is a huge gap here....for a form that anyone could sell

I made up mu own but it seems it always gets refined

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

O.K.,....maybe we ARE onto something. The forms lesco has aren't even CLOSE to having the required info on them, let alone any relevant info that would help. I had a few good members on here send me theirs, and one of them I used - I just added quite a bit to it, changed the format a bit, and made it more user friendly. It is much more elaborate, but still very user AND customer friendly. When I get all my systems in place, I think I will have a good thing going, here. I'm using printed carbonless forms right now, and it is working out well, but I also have it in a template form and will be QUICKLY filling them out and printing them right in the truck. The beauty of it is, is that with this system I am devising, it will automaticaly be stored AND go directly into accounts recievable through QB. the route list for the day will be made out by the routing and mapping program, and will just click and transfer onto each sos as they are made out. I'm THINKING this is going to be one awesome syste when I get it up and running. Right now though, it is just the forms filled out by hand. It is very easy o use though, because most of it is done by checkboxes and underlining preprinted options.

8. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We use the attached card for leave behind/notification info.

Your looking at the front and back of the same R-5 card.

We have one for each round with info for the specific applications.

It was and had to be approved by the State of Maryland prior to use.

Print them on 110 lb. card stock for ease of handling/inserting in doorhanger bags.

Attached Files:

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's weird, because while you have all the a.i.'s to all the other chems, you don't have it for Dylox. What do you do for your copy?
    This must be one of the differences in Maryland law and Michigan law also, - that you have the precautionary statements and the statement of practical treatment. We are not required to give that specically but we ARE required to inform the customers that all labels and MSDS are available upon request. This has to be printed on every statement of service.
    Along with this, we have ALOT more information we are required to have on our statements. We have to have weather conditions - such as sky conditions, temps, and windspeed. We are also required to have not only what was applied, but what amounts of a.i. per 1000sq. ft. or per acre. Along with this, we are required to state the target pest that the product was applied for. Also, we have to have the means of application..(i.e. skid sprayer, ride-on, backpack, etc.). we then have to give instructions such as stay off lawn for x hours, or if it is safe to enter right away, watering instructions (per label), not to bag clippings for x amount of mowings (per label), etc..
    It is interesting to see the differences in some states requirements to others. It goes way beyong the posting flags, which is the first thing we think of! lol.
    Thanks for sharing that. I can see where the simple card WOULD be handy!

10. stumper1620

Thats what I had originally in mind Joe,
    I wanted to have a check off record sheet for me and a more simplified door hanger ( similar to a promotional hanger) that I could quick check and slap on the door.
    But thats ok, I really like what you sent.
    thanks again.