Customer Observation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 man crew, Feb 14, 2003.

1. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

When I first started lawn care and snow plowing. I thought all my lawn customers would want snow removal and all my snow removal customers would want lawn mowing. But that was not the case. I think I only have 50% of my residentials that go with both.(which is fine with me) It still makes me laugh a little that some people hate shoveling snow but don't mind cutting their grass and vise versa.

2. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

That's funny you say that. I got a good friend who pays to have their house, gutters, carpets, roof, and windows all cleaned by different people. He say's he's just lazy. But, he cuts his own lawn.

3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Goes to show, what some people consider work others think it is therapy.

Funny they hire you for 1 but do the other.....go figure!

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

One thing's for sure...the least number of people like to take care of their own leaves. Cha-ching!!!

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I can understand that many people might stray from a plow service unless its absolutely necessary as the bills can accumlate faster than a blizzards snow totals -LOL!!

I dont understand the lawn care issue many have though. I realize that there are many who do the lawn for their own exercise.

But my confusion comes into play with these double income families where they both put in many hours and rather than spend $25/wk -- they simply put it off and put it off and put it off until finally the neighbors make a rucus about it.

And Im not talking about the ones who HAVE to put everything they make into just breaking even -- Im talking about the ones who have 3 lexus' in the drives, or multiple SUVs, etc.

6. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I am always blown away when a couple in their 20's- 40's pays 150 a month or so to have us mow their lawn. But I will take it if they want to pay it.

7. e-RoK

e-RoK LawnSite Member

Coonman- I know what you mean, But figure it like this. If some guy can make more money at work in 1 hr than it costs him to hire someone to mow his lawn, he really is saving money. It all boils down to money.

8. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. The person in their 20's is probaly making MORE money by hiring you to do it. Therefore they are helping not only themselves but, YOU as well.