Customer offers $5.00 raise per mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IN2MOWN, Jun 23, 2008.

1. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

This is the second time this year a customer has approached me and offered an extra $5.00 per cut due to gas prices.

At the beginning of the year when I sent out renewal letters I told everyone I would NOT be raising prices so its nice to have people offer to pay me more.

Funny thing is both people are retired and living off pensions. One can afford it after 40 years with Phillip Morris but the other one is living a very average lifestyle.

Reaffirms my faith in my customers.
  2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Well if you feel ,you could tell them no to the increase of the cut,but are willing to accept a monthly tip!:clapping:
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

LOL GV, that sounds like you
  4. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i have had several of my oldies do that also.nice gesture.restores your faith in people.
  5. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I turned both of them down a total of 5 times but they both persisted.

Now if I could just get that 40 year old doctor living in his 1.3 million dollar home to pay on time...
  6. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a guy who does this EVERY year! He's awesome. He even put in a $500 gate so I could use my 36" in his back yard! Perfect customer.

Yeah right. That fool's gonna be in debt till he's 70. So many doctors have serious money issues...