Customer offers you a beer on the job.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescaretaker, Dec 16, 2004.

1. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

A customer offers you a beer while working in their yard, opened, what do you do?
  2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont drink on the job, if you got pulled over for having a light out on the trailer and he smelled beer... big trouble
  3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Depends on the customer. Last job of the day and a long time customer, I would stop and have a beer with them. That means one beer and not six. Sometimes they just want to talk and what a great ice breaker. Have been doing a LCO a favor while he recovers from surgery and his customers offer me beer at 1000 and that is a different matter, FREE BEER IS GOOD
  4. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

well, If it was opened, and they offered it to me, I'd come up with some excuse and tell them that i can't drink this while I'm still at work and got more work to do, i could get in trouble and loose my license. better to play it safe than not.
  5. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

It depends on if I was thirsty or not. End of the day, one beer BFD.
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

an OPEN CAN OF BEER? no way, i'd tell them i can't drink on the job.
  7. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

I like to drink. :D

not on the job though :angry:
  8. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

If its past noon, and they offer me a beer I will always accept it! Nothing like tipping up a cold one on a hot summer day! One beer and that is it, unless its my last stop for the day, then its a 2 beer maximum. Infact its funny that you bring this up. I always set this one customer up to be the last house i visit because every time i am done cutting the grass he will come out with a beer and we will sit and talk it up for about 5-10 mins and we have been doing this for several months now! BTW its only 1 mile from my home and 2 beers does not get me legally drunk!
  9. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep and I am the pope. Bob
  10. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Funny, im 6'3, 240 lbs and 2 beers puts me over the legal limit, drunk or not, you may not pass a breathalizer