Customer Perks what do you do for em?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landscaper3, Oct 7, 2000.

1. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We personaly give out Christmas card out to all of our accounts, Residential and commercial. We also provide referal programs, Mostly residential. I would like to here what your company does for there customers?
  2. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

We cut their grass.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Stick9, they pay you, not really a "perk".

I send all customers a Christmas card. I also try to do a small favor if I get a signed referal. One customer refered me to a family down the street, I installed 12 bales of pineneedles for him for free as a thank you.
  4. stick9

Kirby, thanks for the enlightenment.

Believe me, if you saw the kind of job we do, you would understand. It's a perk just to have us cut. People should just give us their money, and if they're lucky, we'd cut it.

[Edited by stick9 on 10-08-2000 at 05:30 AM]
  5. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

All customers get christmas cards and a poinsettia
  6. stick9

hey excel ..

I'm guessing you have under 20 customers? If we did that, it would cost an arm and a leg!

7. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Those costs in turn makes money...nice gestures always seem to lead to more those are right offs.
  8. CandJ

CandJ LawnSite Member

If empty garbage cans are out front, I'll put them back by the garage or somewhere near where I know the customer keeps them. Also put the newspaper on the front porch. Just small stuff like that that doesn't take much time but pays dividends in the end.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

i'm gonna send out christmas cards this year,i'll do a couple of things for some select few accounts for free(small things that is)but i have learned the more freebees you do,the more things people will want done free-so i try to not do many freebees.
  10. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Thank You letter for signing up with us Xmas card for all customers if i do sprinkler repairs or any work out of the normal lawn maintenance they get a thank you card.

Gotta to keep them happy if it wernt for them there would be no us!:)