Customer Phone Call

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stihl036pro, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

Hey everyone, I just had a customer call my phone and he said on the message machine that all the winds we have been having here blew all his leaves away. It really pissed me off because his house is about 20 min from mine and I took the time out of my day to go down to his house and give him a writting contract on the spot for a fall clean up. My Name was referred to him by another customer of mine. It makes you not even want to call him back. I would be willing to bet that he found someone else to do the job cheaper. (aka Scrub) Even if most of the leaves did blow away from the yard, I bet you I still could take a crap load of leaves from there. The job was worth $250.00 Just alittle ticked off. I need to cool off before i call this guy back. What would you guys do in a situation like this. Thanks for the replies -MIKE- :angry:

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Shake my fist in the air at God.

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Tell him it wasen't the wind that was you out there busting your azz lol

lifes a bitc* and then we die.

4. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I got two call's like that yesterday both said the wind blew the leaves away. it's my lose you can't stop the wind.

5. That's where all the leaves end up anyway.

Dave

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, it says that you live in CT, not Kansas. So unless this guys has absolutely no landscaping or beds, they're on the prop somewhere (just not out in the middle of the lawn) anymore.

Go and have a look for yourself...

7. A1 Grass

A1 Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Just find out who's yard the leaves blew in to and give them a bid!:)

8. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

There might be some truth to that though. My grandmother lives in town, and we had some awfully high wind last week. I was going to go there this week and clean it up for her, but low and behold they were all gone. Granted there was still some right up against the house, and in a couple corners, but no more then a couple bags full. Never know he might be telling the truth.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah we had a couple of $300+ cleanups that turned out to be $180.00 today. Gotta love it. :mad:

10. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i had a $150 turn into $360 :). I'm not quite sure how to explain that to the owner. Hopefully he'll understand.