1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer profiles?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POWER STROKE, Jan 23, 2011.

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

I was just wondering how every one (solos to Big operations) do their customer profiles/ Customer information.
    1) How do you do them Spread sheet? Specific Program
    2) what info do you have in them?

Thanks in advance for any help or input.
  2. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I do the books for our lawn service and I set up our bills using powerpoint as it allows you to easily add graphics and then set up one bill and then use the save as feature to save the bills under the customers last names. This way you have consistency and each month you just update the month and then you can easily save you work. For the customer log I used the excel program. This way you can use the column feature to save last name, first name, phone, amount, email, address, notes, , etc. This way you can update the information easily by inserting or deleting columns. This information can be then cut and pasted into a register log that you can use to track your monthly payments received. I can send you an email of examples of all of the above items if you send a personal message to our inbox. This way you can add your logo or pertinent information but save the items to your own desktop. Let me know if you have any other questions. kristi
  3. Sutherland

Sutherland LawnSite Member

They are part of my excell database. All contact information of course, as well as categories of labor that have been performed are in the profiles. The database allows for some targeted queries.
  4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Part of the lawncare software.
  5. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I use Access for customer info, it's a pretty good system. I use Excell to do my income statements, balance sheets, owner's equity statements, etc.

Thanks every one for your help
  7. chipk1

chipk1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I use MowTrac Lawn Care Billling Software. It keeps all that information for me and I can get to it from any PC and also my IPhone when I am on the road if I need it. Comes in handy!
  8. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

I us gopher, works real good
  9. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Thanks every one for your help