1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

customer quotes:

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by supercuts, Jun 13, 2011.

1. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

I thought one thread with all our customer quotes would be fun...here are mine:

1. I'm never late with my payments, every time you send a late notice I pay it.
    2. there are alot of clippings, can you cut it shorter
    3. I asked you to come once every 2 weeks, why did you come 3 times this month?
  2. peahlybros.

peahlybros. LawnSite Member

"Yea hi my name is xxxx, is this Peahly Bros. Landscaping?"- customer
    "Yes it is, how can I help you?"-Me
    "I'm not looking for a landscaper, I just need someone to mow my lawn, can you do that?"-customer

This gave a good laugh since he asked for Peahly Bros. LANDSCAPING.... who was he expecting to find on the other end of the phone besides a landscaper?:hammerhead:
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

"I don't understand why you are only cutting every other stripe"
  4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

At a retirement community:

"Your guys were cutting down this street and missed my lawn" - We hadn't gotten to her house yet
    "Your guys didn't trim my back lawn" - Completely false
    "Your guys haven't blown off my patio yet" - Also completely false

At an HOA:

"You missed this spot in my back lawn" - Literally 6" of standing water back in the spring
  5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Probably the best, at an HOA when we were edging:

"Please don't walk in my mulch beds when you edge. I have thousands of tulips that will die if you step on them....blah blah blah...Everybody here is tired of you guys trimming shrubs 3 times a year. This is a nice place. We'd like to have the shrubs fill out. We don't want this to look like a parking lot."
  6. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you charge to mow yards?
  7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I used to punch everybody in the face who asked me that when I was self employed.

Maybe that's why my business no longer exists.
  8. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

when your at my house can you take my trash to the curb when you leave
  9. Tofutti

Tofutti LawnSite Member

" Can you cut the lawn shorter? It looks like the blades of grass are bent rather than cut. That'd be great"..... while cutting Ryegrass at 1.75 .... >.<
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  10. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I'd like you to blow off your lawn mower before you cut my property to prevent any weeds from getting transfered to my lawn.