Customer Referrals

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by POWER STROKE, Mar 5, 2011.

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

How do you handle customer referrals? A free cut, $$$ off a cut,% of a monthly bill? Just wondering who all does this and how you do yours and what worked best for you.

Thanks in advance for any input or help
  2. twowheelted

twowheelted LawnSite Member

I give $25 dollars off their next service for a referral that leads to work. It's helped a bit. Mostly I think because it lets my clients know I AM looking for more work. I may revamp it though. I'd like to see what others do.
  3. brucec

brucec LawnSite Senior Member

I give them a free cut. Most times they will insist that you don't. you would be suprised how many are glad to help you find other customers.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

$100, but they have to use my services the entire year.

POWER STROKE LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys for your input and help
  6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I offer $50 off their invoice if they refer someone who agrees to weekly lawn maintenance and stays with us for at least 5 cuts. In my opinion a referral isn't worth much if they only stick with you for a cut or two and then flake out. I havent ever had someone flake out on a referral after only a couple cuts though.
  7. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

For referrals I just tell them thank you, and that seems to be enough because they keep new customers coming.
  8. fireman gus

fireman gus LawnSite Senior Member

This year we are offering a free yard mowing with each referral that signs up for the year. The free cutting will be in a month that has 5 cuttings.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I just thank them. You dont have to do anything else because if they were not happy with your services they wouldn't be telling their friends about you.
    Posted via Mobile Device