Customer refused LED's

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jlouki01, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jana

jana LawnSite Member

Cast Wall Light

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I shouldn't have too! Other manufacturers have created fixtures with diffusers. Just goes back to what I have always said about kichler, they are designed and produced for the mass market homeowners, not for the professional lighting guy. They're fixture designers couldn't care less about the pros opinions on how to improve they're products from what I have seen. JMO of course, I am sure that I will get lambasted by the die-hard kichler guys in here. They're products by and large seem chinsy and overpriced to me.

3. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

now, now Tim. lol

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I was looking at a display of FX's Lumineux LED fixtures today at Ewing and took a couple of them apart.

Cool looking optics, and one thing I noticed was kind of amber lenses on uplights and washlights, and an amber mirrored cone reflector in the pathlights.

Not sure if these reduce light output, but it seemed like it the amber tint might be a way to deal with cooler white LEDs.

Looking at their catalog just now, that's exactly how they use the filters. They claim the amber gives CCT of 2900K, they also have frosted, green and blue filters.

5. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

What do you mean by pull it off a tad bit?

6. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

To each their own. Im not a diehard kichler contractor. Im just a diehard lighting contractor
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

If you have enough lip pull the fixture off the wall... even a half inch cuts down on the dot look. If you ride the wall the leds stand out
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Zohan

Zohan LawnSite Member

got it....

9. irrig8r

I was kind of hoping to get a reply to this. Thoughts about color filters vs. phosphor coating? Which is going to hold up better over time?

http://www.fxl.com/products/documents/1303315231991997.pdf

New thread maybe.

10. irrig8r

posting error

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012