1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer says we didn't mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gene $immons, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Moron cheapo customer who has been a pita from the get go sends in his bill today, late.

He highlights two cuts and says "i don't think we cut on these dates" and he deducts the amount.

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, that happens. are they two weeks in a row, or spread out. is this just monthly billing?

its kind of like those people that buy somthing with a credit card, then call the company and say "i never bought that"

theirs only so much you can do...
  3. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Geezz, I thought I worked for some Bozo's! That has never happend to me in 20 years.
  4. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Happened to a friend of mine and he started leaving door hangers after each visit that specified what they did (cut, hedges, fert etc) At first he did it to all people and then just the PITAS.

He even had a woman say that he didnt seed and she was there when he was doing it talking to him??
  5. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

We get a few of those a year. Lady called and said she was home all day and not only did we not mow her yard but she also said our truck wasn't there.
    I sent her a copy of the GPS printout that showed our truck parked in front of her house for 30 minutes or so. A couple days later we got check and a letter of apology.
    No problems anymore. Also helps for time and material billing of jobs.
  6. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

The cuts were for 2 consecutive weeks 9/23 & 9/30.

He said if he was wrong "no problem" I wish I had a way to prove it. His butt would have been calling for sure if we missed two weeks in a row.
  7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I had that problem before until I started to record the time as well on the invoice. So far I have been doing that for a year and zero complaints on whether we didn't mow or not, while before we would always get at least a half dozen a year.
  8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I do invoices as well I get crap from my guys some times saying no one else ever did this well I do and I prevent this very nightmare. Plus if we do something extra it is noted if we were to just check off a list I feel a lot of things would get missed.
  9. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

This is one of the reasons I went with CC and charging the customers card the day we did the service. I was tired of folks claiming their yard wasn't done 6 weeks after the fact. I also had exact times on route sheets too.
  10. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

It happend to me twice this year. Both times the one paying the bill did not live at the house. How can you prove you were there, maybe take a picture of the newspaper with the date on it and you with your mower in the background?

I'm not sure if they really thought I skipped them, or they just wanted to save a few bucks.