customer scam

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 26, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you experienced guys know how clients try thier little tricks to scam you. well, here is a new one: we do leaf cleanup for clients who call our newspaper adds. we get alot of good $$ work this way. when they call in late october, or early november, they are given a price for the ENTIRE cleanup, which will be done, in 2-3, 4 visits. in other words, they have to commit to the entire cleanup, they MAY NOT have us do the bulk of the work, then tell us we are not needed further. ok, so, they sign for the cleanup, and it is done over 2, 3, 4 visits, at our discretion. we collect on the bigger jobs, 1/3, 1/3, and 1/3. well, this client who called the last week of october, i had a bad feeling about him. i gave him the quote, and the rules. he called YESTERDAY, and said he wants us to do it, let him know when we are comming, and he'll leave the first 1/3 for us. HA HA HA HA, yea right. how many of you would fall for this?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Do a third ot the work ha ha are the trees full.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

you mean you are not coming to do my leaves?

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Otherwise I won't start. I have learned my lesson's from getting screwed in the end.