customer service test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tlg, Aug 26, 2008.

1. tlg

tlg LawnSite Senior Member

You just did a granular fert application on your customers lawn. In the back yard you noticed one weed. It's hot out, your tired and the spot sprayer is on the truck. Do you go back for that one weed?

2. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Bend Over And Pull It

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Heck no Tlg! Because I know that I blanket spray for weeds in the fall. And besides i carry my one quart hand sprayer on the spreader. I squirt it, if its a big weed or if its oxalis, violets or something that obviously survived my previous treatments.

4. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

or dig it!...I carry a soil knife on my side while I work. Works great on Dallisgrass clumps and helps intimidate angry people into staying calm!

5. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

All Weeds Must Die!

6. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

why didn't I think of that...

7. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I'll stop and pull it by hand.

8. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Here is my favorite type of 1-qt hand sprayer (use an ounce per quart). http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1273616
    Weed control or Drive, or one of each. Notice that the Ace Hardware price is for a pack of 6. Retail is about $8.95 each. Lesco has a similar one (slightly bigger). I made a holster for it to fit on my spreader.

I also carry a fishing knife with a saw-tooth edge. Great for those isolated big clumps of crabgrass or goosegrass. (If I am not in the mood to spot spray with Drive.)

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is a great idea. I have a few extra PG bottles that I use for things like nut sedge mix and such, but these are even better, in my opinion.

10. NINER

NINER LawnSite Member

carry a can of TRIAMINE JET SPRAY at all times on your person.