Customer Service With Large Corporations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Can I Mow Your Lawn?, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Can I Mow Your Lawn?

Can I Mow Your Lawn? LawnSite Member

Off topic, but please leave in this forum so others will see it:

I can't be the ONLY american who is absolutely fed up with the current state of customer service in america today. Specifically, with large corporations.

DirecTV - the gas company - the electric company - the phone company - the wireless company - the banks - the internet company

WHY MUST ALL OF THESE COMPANIES FORCE YOU TO TALK TO COMPUTERS AND PUNCH BUTTONS BEFORE YOU CAN TALK TO A PERSON?????

I totally understand a queue. If they have more calls than people available to answer the phone, hey, I TOTALLY understand that as long as it's within reason. But forcing me to talk to computers and punch bottons...half the time you end up at a recording that doesn't solve your problem, it's a dead end and you have to hang up and start over again and this time HOPE you don't end up in the same place. Ahhh...I love that one. A three minute penalty for punching a wrong button!!!!

WHY DO THEY DO THIS?

AND WHAT CAN WE, their customers, DO ABOUT IT?

I'll tell you what I am doing about it. It isn't much, but at least it's something. And if we all did it, they might actually change their systems.

Every time I finally get through to one of these service reps, I act like I'm madder than heck...because I am. And I am not polite about it. I go on and on, complaining, for a solid 60 to 90 seconds before we can address the purpose of my call. They want to waste my time...fine...let's waste time! If all customer service reps had to start each call by listening to a customer complain for 90 seconds about the phone computers, I think the insanity would eventually end.

Interesting: Southwest Airlines doesn't do this. You call them, they answer the phone. No games. No punching buttons. No talking to computers. So don't tell me they have to play games with their clients when they are a large company in order to make money.

I just think that if everyone started out their conversation with CS by complaining about the phone computers, eventually, they MIGHT listen to us.

Maybe sending this message out to 12 others by e-mail, urging them to forward it to 12 others...and so on and so on. I can't imagine ANYONE likes being forced to talk to computers. Does anyone have a better suggestion???

Later
    Can I Mow Your Lawn?