CUSTOMER STILL COMPLAINS $35.00 HOUR SUCKS.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Oct 10, 2000.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

I JUST WANT MY MONEY!
    THIS LADY IS IN REALSTATE AND IS A PAIN I TALKED WITH PEOPLE THAT NEVER GOT ANY MONEY. THIS TOWN IS IN ALABAMA POP 15,000 SHE IS THE TYPE THAT WOULD RATHER GO TO COURT IF SHE DOESN'T GET HER WAY.
    i WAS SUSPOSE TO SEE HER TODAY PUT SHE WASN'T THERE I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.
    SHOULD I SETTLE IF SO HOW MUCH.
    LIST OF EQUIMENT USED FOR 4 HOURS IF IT HELPS
    21" HONDA PUSH I PAID $100.00 USED TIME 20MINUTES
    9 HP LITTLE WONDER BLOW $1225.35 NEW TIME 5 MINUTES
    STICK EDGER ECHO 3100 $379.99 NEW TIME 10 MINUTES
    TRIMMER ECHO 2601 $379.99 NEW TIME 5 MINUTES
    BACK PACK ECHO PB601 $399.99 NEW TIME 5 MINUTES

ROUNDUP AND POST 4.5 GALLONS TOTAL.

THANKS DAVID IN ALABAMA

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

What are you talking about? Are you buying, selling, charging for a job? :confused:

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Let me ask this. Did you quote her your price before the work was initiated? Either orally or written?

4. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Tell her you are the LAWN RANGER and TONTO is your truck or it is your hatchback car, and if she doesn't give you all her contracts you will take her out into the UTAH desert and let her listen to DAUGHTERS OF THE NILE or A PERFECT CIRCLE until she begs for PELTCO hearing protectors and wants to post on lawnsite.com, then you can mow your whole town and people will notice your big mower with am/fm as it burns oil as well as gas! OKAY! as SIRUS said, "CAN YOU DIG IT???!!!!!"

5. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

This is a follow up from a post 1 week ago she said the $35.00 hour was just to high look in seach for whole story. thanks david in alabama

6. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

BILL HER OUT AND IF SHE DOES NOT PAY SEND IT TO A COLLECTION AGENCY-SHE WOULD BE BETTER OFF PAYING-EVEN IF SHE DID TAKE YOU TO COURT-YOU WOULD PROBABLY WIN,TELL HER SHES LUCKY TO GET AWAY WITH 35.00 AN HOUR.THE OTHER DAY I QUOTED A JOB FOR 100.00 THAT TOOK ME 1HR AND 45MIN,THE GUY ACTED LIKE HE WAS MAD WHEN HE WAS PAYING AND WAS HE FIGURING UP WHAT I MADE BY THE HOUR AND MENTIONED IT-I THEN POINTED AT THE TRAILER AND TOLD HIM THAT THERE WAS 20,000.00 SITTING ON THAT TRAILER AND I SET MY RATES AND WHAT I MAKE PER HOUR IS NOBODYS BUSINESS.HE GOT OVER IT AND HE WANTS TO GET REGULAR SERVICE FROM NOW ON.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Perhaps she is confused. I know after reading this, I'm confused.

{b]One more thing{/b]

CAPS LOCK IS VERY HARD TO READ.

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

David, I'm not going to search for an old article to figure out what the problem is. This is the second time in 2 months you have had a problem getting paid for a job. I'm not sure what the problem is but maybe you need to get things in writing from now on, get a deposit, and stop discussing hourly rates with customers.

When I aeravate lawns I often make $400+ and the work takes 45-60 minutes, my expenses run between $200-250 and the rest is profit. That can be around $200 per hour profit and I have never been questioned.

Tell them what it will cost, agree on it, if it takes less time than expected fine you worked hard, if it takes longer are they going to pay you more? Nope. The agreed price is the price, period.

Ray

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

David,
    Like Kirby said, it's the second time you have not been paid. I don't know about you but it only takes one time to make me change something, like writing a contract instead of telling them you'll do the job for that much. I learned when someone mowed one of my accounts and I was jipped $20. Then it happened again. If she wants to go to court, I'd say you are done for. You have no evidence saying that you were gonna do it for that price. If she threatens to go to court, give it to her for what she wants. You'd loose a little money but it's better than having an lawyer.:) Hope everything turns out alright.

10. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

That is why you should avoid all persons in the real estate industry like the plague.