1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

customer talks me up in $

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Mar 28, 2004.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I went yesterday (saturday) to give an estimate for this guy he sounded like an older nice guy. So arrive at the property well its gated i ring the buzzer at the gate the let me in the driveway is 1/2 mile long concrete. I talk to him at his home he says he want everything around the proerty maintained so i come up with a price for the lawncare "a little intimidated by the size of the house, his detached garage is 2 times the size of my house lol" and come up with a price for everything i propose it to him and he thinks all of the prices are inline but the lawn care ($75 per time) is to cheap?? WHAT so he tells me he will give me $115 per cut because he doesnt want me to loose money on the job is this a bash in the face or a guy that has more money than he knows what to do with? Never came across this situation before.

SUGAR_CUT_MARK LawnSite Member

My best customer is a a nurse and she did almost the same thing. I gave her a qoute and she asked are u sure that's enough, I'll pay u more. I said no, thats my estimate. Awesome customer
  3. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

I had the same thing happen to me last year...it's great in my opinion
  4. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Nice, that doesn't happen too long, take care of him he'll take care of you!!!!
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

If all of our customers like that it would make our jobs so much easier and much more profitable.
  6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a guy with money, who didn't have to get there by screwing everybody else and is therefore generous. I'd give 'em the benefit of the doubt unless there is some reason not to trust him.
  7. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

thats a customer that expects to have his property taken care correctly and to pay you more he expects it will be done to his satisfaction...
  8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I had that happen last year on a one time job. I under estimated it, but did not say anything. He said he included a little extra and he did, but it was still not what I would do it again. It will not happen often, so take advantage of it.
  9. LawnPerfect

LawnPerfect LawnSite Senior Member

Thank your stars that you have found a customer that will pay for quality and not just a lowest price shopper.
  10. badranman

badranman LawnSite Member

Camland took the words out of my mouth. He wants and expects a good job, don't dissapoint him.