Customer that dropped me two seasons ago

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLT1Z28, May 21, 2004.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a customer drop me before the start of last season because she said her yard looked horrible (was fine all year while we worked). the problem was i was using the walker then, (bagging zoysia) and the third tire was leaving marks she didn't like. basically the yard was going dormant and it wasn't rebounding like it normally would, so it had three tire tracks in it. it wasn't a compaction problem and i even offered to roll the yard if she wanted.

forward to 3 weeks ago. her husband stopped me while i was doing two of the neighbors yards. he was saying how he noticed it was a new machine i had starting using (lazer 52 HP). he was fixing to ask if it was smaller when i stopped him midsentence and said no, it's bigger. i then explained again why the yard looked the way it did and went on to explain pounds per square inch to him. he asked if there was any way i could start doing it again (i swore after she came to my house and tell me how bad it looked that i would NEVER go back). we settled on a price $30 front yard only, edged, trimmed, cut and blown and now i do it weekly.

here's a pic from when i used to cut it with the metro. the pic shows the entire front yard.

[​IMG]

2. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

No pic.

I had a customer drop me about 5 years ago. Never sure why. Two years later she wanted to start up again. I had reservations but did it, and she's a great customer now. Go figure.

:D

3. MikeLT1Z28

i wasn't sure if they'd take the price or not and really wasn't expecting him to say yes. i do have 3 other yards within 500 ft of it though, so it worked out great. i'll take pics next time i'm there. nice zoysia yard.

4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

If a contract dumps me and then wants me back again later, I always up the price at least 25% and sometimes as much as 100%. Some times they take it others they dont.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have never took back a customer that dumped. Many of tried, in fact just got a call on Tuesday, but won't do it.

The guy that called on Tuesday I tried by the means of 3 letters, 2 phone calls, and one stopping by the business to get him to renew his contract last year. Finally, I gave up.

6. MikeLT1Z28

are you guys not seeing that pic? it shows up when i load it and i've even refreshed it. might be in my history. if not let me know and i'll upload it directly instead of linking.

7. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

All I can see is "FBody.com" in blue.

8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

never make it personal,,,,,its just bidness!

9. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here.

10. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Mike's photo. Just resized and posted for him..

[​IMG]