1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Customer that got what he desirved

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by double e, Feb 1, 2001.

1. double e

double e LawnSite Member

I have a dump truck and do some minor hauling every now and then. My mom owns a realestate firm, and gets me quite a bit of hauling from houses on the market.

She reffered me to a customer tht wanted some hauling- it had to be done the next day for settlement. I went there and it was a load (about $45 to dump) I told them $70 for labor and $50 to haul away. $130 for the job. (I have to drive 35 minutes one way to dump!)
    The lady was outraged with the price, and I wouldn't lower my price and left. She started to load the junk in her U-Haul truck.

To make a long story short I got a call from a park ranger, he found a load of trash someone dumped on the beach. He found the address in the junk, and called my mom. She told him to call me. It was the lady! I'm going there tommorow to identify the trash.

Come to find out her husbands a priest! Instead of paying $130 to dump, she's looking at a min. of $500 for illeagal dumping.

2. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

That is crazy that she would even just dump it in a park what was she thinking. I would tell a story like that but i don't have one so i will not. LOL

3. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

LOL...I love it.

4. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

*shakes head in disgust*

5. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Unbelievable,What an IDIOT.

SJR

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

why do you feel the need to pick on my mom ??
    lol.....
    what an idiot !!!!

7. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

See if you can be the one that gets paid to clean up and haul away the trash from her illegal dump and jump the price 2 or 3 times your original bid. What the heck...some lessons can be learned again and again:)

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have a simular story. There is over 100 acres of woods and fields behind my house. A couple of years ago someone had dumped a big pile of construction debris in the field. I found a name on one of the boxes and called the people up. They were home owners that payed a contractor to redo their kitchen. She notified the contractor and everything was picked up the next day. She told me the contractor had originally charged $400 to the price of the job for dumping fees.

9. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Maybe she was bankrupt?

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

It takes all kinds,whew!!!