1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer Told Me Lesco Seeds Caused Dandellions To Grow In Her Yard

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wil22, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Wil22

Wil22 LawnSite Member

I had a customer tell me she was not happy with the aerating job I did last fall, because she has more weeds than ever before. She said I should of used Kentucky 31 grass seeds instead of Lesco Seeds.

I said "you can have the weeds taken care of in the spring." She said, "the last guy had a licsense to spray weeds and he cut my grass every other week for 35.00."

Now you want to come every week for 35.00, and now I have to pay some one else to come and spray the weeds in my yard? And my yard didn't need to be mowed last week.

The grass had a little growth on it when I mowed it last week, but I told her I want to mow on a weekly basis.

How would you respond to a customer like this and have her agree to a weekly visit? The lawn has alot of flower beds to mow and edge.
  2. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

My words.... "You better start using your previous landscaper again".
  3. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

2 Words: Drop her
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

If you used Lesco Transition seed it is my understanding that they did get a "bad batch" that had more then normal amount of "other seeds" in it that has caused some weed issues. I have several new customers this season that did their own overseeding last fall that used that seed and they all had issues that I had to address either by pre-emp or post-emp. But Lesco is still one of the best seeds on the market and it hasn't effected me using it and won't and that is what I told them. Heck I bought $1K worth of seed from Lesco just a couple weeks ago.