Customer want me to take 2 mo. off

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TripleT'sLawnCare, Sep 10, 2005.

1. TripleT'sLawnCare

TripleT'sLawnCare LawnSite Member

I am relatively new in commerical lawn care. We are trying to grow and I hate to turn down any business. But I have this customer who ask me today to take the next 2 months off because her daughter is in her school marching band and it just so happens that this will cost her 85.00 for the next two months (the same cost of my service). This is about the 3rd time she has had something come up that she "needed" to cancel her service for a period of time. When I have resumed service in the past her yard had been let go pretty bad and I have never charged her any extra for clean up or anything. Should I continue to let her cancel service for a month or two and start back when she can afford me or should I just drop her all together? I have 8 accounts within a block of her and it's not like this account is out of my way. Thoughts please.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

If you want to keep her, then charge more when you come back and it is a mess. To me it is kind of an odd request but have heard weirder. But i wouldn't keep doing all the cleanup afterward required for the sam price. Good Luck, just my 2 cents!

3. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

Why should you do this person a favor by letting them skip service and then
    leave you with twice or three times the work for the same rate? Now if the lawn is just in need of a regular height cutting when you pick it back up then no skin off your nose :)

4. TripleT'sLawnCare

It's not that she does not mow her grass, she don't trim, edge, or do anything with her flower beds. Normally I don't have to pull weeds. I am the Round-up king.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

OHH, you still should charge at least a little extra for this. But i was thinking that she didn't touch it in 2 months! Just my 2 cents!

6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a license for spraying round-up? It is illegal if you don't and you could get a big fine depending on the state.

7. TripleT'sLawnCare

I'm covered, taken care of. All up to code.

8. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I heard Florida is tough to get a pesticide license. How long did it take you to get it.

9. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Drop Her Like A Brick.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I agree... let your competition waste their time with her.
    It's $85 a month... forgetaboutit.....