Customer wants grass cut 3 times within a week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by STL Cuts, Apr 25, 2010.

1. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

Just got a call from a friend of mine asking me if I could mow their place while they are out of town. I say not a problem and ask the dates.

They want it cut the 5th of May, the 8th or 9th, and then the 12th as well. They also want it cut very high. No bagging.

I repeated the dates multiple times to verify I had heard right and I had. I've never ran into somebody that wanted it cut this often.

They do keep a very nicely manicured lawn, I just never noticed it being cut this often.

Anyone else ever run into this? I'm not complaining, just wondering.

2. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

i will cut it everyday of they would like to pay me!

3. RandallM

RandallM LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I just had the opposite thing happen. Client wanted me to move to a 3 week schedule instead of bi-weekly. I told him the price just went up $20, and that doesn't include bagging.

4. rjh4758

rjh4758 LawnSite Member

What the customer want the customer gets. Some people are real particular about their lawns.

A neighbor of my parents sits in his lawn and digs the weeds out every spring because he does not believe in herbicides. Must say he has a very nice yard too.

5. shooterm

shooterm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Its not out of the norm. Growing up I had to do this at the home I grew up in. Mow high, three times a week, at different angles everytime. Looked amazing and dont remeber ever having weed issues or even running alot of fertilizer. It excessive and more akin to a disorder then a lawn pratice.:)

6. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

we mow many of our properties 2x per week,but 3?

7. Hoy landscaping

Hoy landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i would love that!

8. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Never done any 3 times a week. But I would if someone asked. We do however have a few that we do every Tuesday and Friday.

9. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I cut mine every other day. During the heavy growing season it's a must with irrigation. If I go more than 3 days I'm cutting 3-4" of new growth off the top and it's a mess. If they are paying you why worry?

10. cozymonkey

cozymonkey LawnSite Member

Thats funny I actually wondered about this. I saw a neighbor on a street that I have 4 clients on. I have been to their street four times in the last week and a half and everytime I have been there, the neighbor has been mowing his lawn. Their yard is by far the greenest thus far this year and I actually had a client of mine just joking with me ask me why their lawn didnt look that green. I simply told them that it could if they wanted me to come by and mow three times a week.