customer wants green grass now

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rmartin, Mar 21, 2005.

1. rmartin

rmartin LawnSite Member
    from mass

I have a commercial customer that wants his grass green now. Here in Mass the snow is just starting to melt. This property is in direct sunlight so most of the snow is gone. It looks like many early spring lawns some green alotta brown. Can i hit it with a shot of chelated iron now, before anything else to get a quick shot of green?

2. AssuredServicesCo

AssuredServicesCo LawnSite Member

Try ammonium sulfate at a low rate. It provides real quick green up but is not recommended for long term use. Can you overseed with ryegrass. I'm in Texas so I'm not sure of your season there.

3. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I agree with the ammonium sulfate. That will green it up as quickly as anything. But you need temps at least pushing into the 60s. We are probably 5-6 weeks from cutting. i

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I think he was asking for me :) "he wants his Green Grass now!"

Erik Sweetser
    President
    Sweetser Farms Inc
    dba Green Grass Lawn Care

5. Bryn

Bryn LawnSite Member

Paint it.... I kid you not....

6. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Buy a Wagner Power Sprayer $199 @ Home Depot and paint the lawn. They even have a paint called Spring Green. Been there and done that. A client wanted a green lawn for his daughters wedding and he was to cheap to overseed it this winter. Never mind he lives in a 4 million dollar house here. We painted his 30,000 sqft for $1800...... just so his daughter could get married on green grass. Money talks and BS walks as the old saying goes.

7. SodKing

Lesco has a turf paint (latex) that can die the turf. I have also died turf for weddings with the lesco product. Heck I even died my own green last fall....

8. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't it have been less expensive to overseed?

9. SodKing

We are having Temps in the 40s as a high right now...overseeding is not an option up here.

10. tjgray

tjgray LawnSite Senior Member

When we are down hear sweltering in 110 degree temps but for now I just have to say down South is the place to be :cool2:

We have had pretty much 70 degree weather for the past month :D