Customer wants it cut twice this week...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freshprince94, Jun 30, 2008.

1. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, I have this account that is throwing a party on Friday and wants their lawn manicured for that party. It needs to be cut today and I tried to explain the whole concept of clumps to her but she dosen't care. She says go cut it today but then it needs to be cut Friday. I don't have a problem with cutting it twice but is it bad for the lawn? St Augustine grass by the way. Help!

2. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

don't know bout st aug, but up here we cut 2x/wk when needed, with about 4-5 days apart. should be fine.

3. allfiremencutgrass

allfiremencutgrass LawnSite Member

Just raise the deck up a little run it over, leave nice stripes ,clean up the edges, fluff and buff it and go get that money ---what she wants she gets...

4. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

It's grass...it grows back, and it's just one time. I would think it would be fine anyway. Plus you can charge extra for the special service.

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

i always felt that St augustine , like most grass(imo) always looked best about 2 days after it was cut... This gives the grass a day to fill in and fluff up, gives the clippings a chance to fall to the thatch layers... ect...

if she wants it cut twice in one week it wont hurt a thing....Take the money and smile...

6. freshprince94

Thanks guys. I will be cutting it again.

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Unless it's really tall right now I would just postpone the entire affair to a one time cut on Thursday and be done with it.
    That way they save money, the lawn looks great for the weekend, you're looking out for them and it won't hurt a thing.

8. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

They want it cut twice, cut it twice.
    No sense leaving bucks on the table.

9. freshprince94

Actually topsites, the grass was pretty tall today. If I waited until Friday, there would be TONS of clumps.

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

2cuts = double the money!!