Customer wants lawn mowed 3 times a week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman29, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

I try to explain to him that might be tough beacuse of the weather but will try my best to fullfill he request. He fertilizes it himself. I told him we would do all of it I was trying to be fair to save him money on fert by letting me do it. We will see if he bits on it. He is being serious about the 3 times a week to mow his lawn. Anyone mow 3 times a week on one property? I done 2 a week on heavy fert lawns that get water every day. I just don't see How I can cut his lawn 3 times a week. I figure it takes at least 3 days for any real growth to be cut off am I not Right?

2. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

It can be done down here in July, but no one does it.

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have some lawns that require cutting every 4 days during the peak growing months (usually May and June). Even after only 4 days of growth some of these lawns are very tall and thick and are tough to cut cleanly. Some people are fertilizer and water freaks, which causes their lawns to grow at incredible rates. If they want it cut every 3-5 days...I accommodate them and charge accordingly.

4. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

He wants it 3 times in 7 days

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Give him what he wants and charge accordingly.

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Mowman, I wished I had problems like this. I have some that would get by with 3 times a years if they could.

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I agree. I would ever go and do it 6 times a week if he really wanted it. But, your schedual might get screwed up if it rains.. Let him know that..

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

How big is the place btw?

9. Mowman29

Mowman29 LawnSite Member
    from OH

About 10,000-12,000 sq ft

10. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Poorman - I hear you on that!