1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer wants you to use thier mower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowinforaliving, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

If you secured an account with a wealthy business woman and she asked that you use her mower on her immediate lawn (front and around the house) but you could use your equipment on the rest, would you take it or leave it, talk to her about using your equipment on everything, or comply with her wishes? This is a mansion style house with about 5 acres to mow. There's a pool house/cabana or whatever you call them next to the pool, etc... She's got a Scag Wildcat 61" with a 26hp L.C. Kaw and a mulch kit installed, mint condition with about 50 hours.
  2. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I had a request like that once. I said no problem, then I discovered that his mower was a POS. I might consider doing it if the mower works well and it is a good account.
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

What mower those she have.:drinkup:
  4. blind04

blind04 LawnSite Member

i would ask her why she insist's on using her equipment. and i would explain to her that you are not insured on her equipment. and i guess as long as she signs off on the liability then i would mow to her wish's. thats just what i would do. she sounds like a good customer to have, prob end up doing all her maintenance.
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you need a CONTRACT.............

I can just see a pump going out, her taking it to a shop, bringing you a bill for 3 to 4 hundred....

6. 021462

021462 LawnSite Member

What he said................
  7. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on what she would pay and what equipment she has.

More than likely she is of the idea that if you use her equipment on the most visible areas of her lawn that she will not get an accidental cross contamination from your mowers. Don't laugh I have heard this a million times and most often it is from the very picky clients. What they fear is that you will mow a property possibly with weeds and that the seeds or spores will stay on you mower and bring the weeds to their property. this soulnds like she is one of those who has an estate and she wants it perfect. If she has good equipment that will be as effiecent as what you have why not run her stuff. just think less wear and tear on your mower. I will also tell you that if she allows you to use your mower and she notices something abnormal in her mind she will blame it on you and your equipment. If you do not want to use her stuff keep moving on .
  8. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

She has a Scag Wildcat 61" with 26hp L.C. Kawisaki. It's mint condition and probably has 50 hours on it. It has a mulch kit and she likes the way it mows. She's a good contact to have. Lotta rentals and such. You guys know the type.
  9. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

Nice equipment. if you are willing and she pays well mow it.
  10. fertguy2008

fertguy2008 LawnSite Member

Nice, for a second I was figuring she had a 21 or something.
    If she agrees to pay for the maintenance and wear and tear repair. Why not?:weightlifter: