customer went up in price!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kacj777, Jun 11, 2008.

1. kacj777

kacj777 LawnSite Member

Wow!! one of my customers came out to pay me today while I was cutting and went up $5 for the second time this yr. So for he has went up $10 this yr. on his own that makes me feel good at least some customers know that we are hurting too. I Love good customers.

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

gotta love those clients! keep them happy and they will be with you forever, i always say! i bet you do little extra things for them too, huh? :dancing:

3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Thats happens to me every now and then. Makes you feel good about the human race:usflag:

4. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one customer that decided to mow their own backyard, but wants me to charge him the normal price. That is a good feeling...

5. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Man that has to make you feel good.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Those clients are worth their weight in gold ... do everything you can to hang on to them !!

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I had a $200/month customer go up in January of this year. Out of the blue, the checks from her online billpay service were $220. After inquiring, she said that was what she thought was fair for this year. Maybe she'll do it again next January, huh?

8. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Lady had her front yard dug up. I only cut the back. Still pays for a full cut. Very happy

9. kacj777

kacj777 LawnSite Member

doing the same thing but cutting the front and not the back.

billslawn89- yea their and older couple with high ceilings so when a light goes out i change it and the same thing with the flood lights outside. they have been customers for about 5 yrs. Every year they ask if I'm going to cut their yard the following yr. They usually give me a gift card out to eat for Christmas. Nice people!!!

10. railman

railman LawnSite Member

I have a new customer this year. I told her that I would cut her yard for 40 dollars but everytime she pays me she gives me 50. last week she ask me if she can pay me 3 weeks in advance. I thought that I was going to receive a check for 120 but when I looked at the checked it was 150 dollars. and her yard is pretty small. it takes me 15 minutes to cut w/ 21" push mower, trim, edge and blow. I don't even have to use the ztr. it's that small