Customer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by reconthree, Sep 11, 2007.

1. reconthree

reconthree LawnSite Member

Just wanting some input.

I got a call from one of my customers today and he was mad... not about my work but that when I bought a house last month I didn't go with his employee that is also my friend. He stated that he had shown me houses but never got me to sigh a contract. This went on for 6 months. So I decided to use a different agent and boom I put a contract on a house in one day. So instead of my friend comming to me about the problem he went to his boss.

I have been taking care of his bosses properties for the last 5 years and not a peep from him about my work. But he decided to bring it up in our conversation that I make excusses and he has kept his mouth shut. I told him that it is kind of funny that he brings it up now. He basically told me that I took money out of his pocket by using another agent. Then he tells me to spray for weeds and cut the grass on Thurs. and he will decide if he will use me next year.

What do you guys think of this one.

2. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

3. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

He would be gone if he was my customer. PITA

4. BostonBull

BostonBull LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him you hear here Weed B Gone works well for the weeds and that Honda makes a great push mower!

I wouldnt even call or go back F him. It is none of his business!

5. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Veiled threats and intimidation don't work for me. I'd save him some trouble and say you decided for him.Tell him to GET SOMEONE ELSE. This isn't a smart business practice but it feels the best.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Drop him ! He will become a PITA and not worth the trouble.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Drop him!! tell him home depot is having a sale on Push mowers!!

8. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I would not take that kind of petty bull shi* from anyone, Id finish up the year and drop his petty a$$. That kind of "tit for tat" crap is just a wast of time........Lifes to short!

9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I agree !!

10. reconthree

reconthree LawnSite Member

Yah,

He called me back and apologized but I told him that the damage is done. I told him that he should get on his employee for not keeping me (the client) happy. I ended by telling him to take off work alittle early so he can go home and do the **** himself.