Customers Determine Their Payment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by T Edwards, Apr 26, 2005.

1. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

I have seen a black couple in their 40s since last summer working a few yards in the area. They operate out of a station wagon built in the '80s and the husband always wears this old green workshirt. He pushes the Murray around, while his wife, always in a stretched out white Tshirt, sweeps the walk with a broom. I just found out that they don't charge the customer, but the home owner pays them what they want. This is really sad. The old south is still alive around here, and I don't know that it will ever fade away entirely.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Not with dumbazzes that work for whatever hand outs they get. Who's fault is it that the po colored folks don't make hardley no money? If there as you desibed they lived through some of the old south and its there own fault for not setting a fair price for the work they do. What an insult to there dignity and the industy.

3. Blk94fiveOh

Blk94fiveOh LawnSite Member
    from MN

At least they are willing to work for their money, instead of sitting home and collecting welfare checks.

I don't see these 2 as a reflection on the "industry", or as competition to a legitimate lawn care company. They are in direct competion to all the scrubs/ 15 year olds out there.

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Amen to that!

I am getting so sick and tired of seeing deadbeat, lazy SOBs sitting at freeway off-ramps, exits to malls, etc. I just want to punch them sometimes. I saw a guy the other day with the typical, "Need work. Anything helps." sign. I rolled down my window and got his attention. I said, "Hey. If you are serious, I've got 3 help wanted ads up in the Beaverton employment department right now." (I was telling the truth. I actually did have 3 ads up that day). He said, "Oh, okay. Thanks." Didn't even look at my truck, take a look at which company I was with, ask for a card, nothing. Just went on with his day and held up his sign for the car behind me almost like he didn't even hear what I said.

Lazy freakin' bassturds!!!! Almost worse are the people who actually subsidize these people by giving them money.

I am all for helping those who are truly in need and have done so more than most of you have, I'll guarantee you that. That's not what I am talking about. Those who are truly in need are worth helping. But those who fail to help themselves even when you are offering them a hand up, those lazy bassturds aren't worth the paper their signs are written on. They just irk me.

Arghh!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I'd hire them as sub contractors, you could make a killing and keep them busy all summer.

6. MWHC

MWHC LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

Those people begging on the corner would have to take a cut in pay to go cut lawns (work) for a living.

7. EasylyConfused

EasylyConfused LawnSite Member

So True!!!

8. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed. That is so pathetic. And they're doing it to themselves. Have some self respect.