Customer's giving out pricing for you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcgreenspro, Nov 6, 2006.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

My mom's best friend's brother has cancer. They needed lawn care (fert and weed control BAD) but they just wanted mowing. Now, the guy has cancer, friend to my mom, etc. so i knock a couple bucks off my weekly charge. Makes everyone happy. Problem i have now is that she told a couple of neighbors what i charge her and i didn't think that was right. She has a little less than an acre full of weeds that i do for 40/week. It isn't that bad becasue i can get done in 45 minutes. But what would you do if you gave someone a deal and they started telling everyone that is what you charge?

2. PROFESSORRAIN

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

Tell them they are getting a terminal discount do you have terminal problem and you can have that same -$:dancing: :drinkup:

3. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

Everybody is terminal. Some later, some sooner.

Could you mow these extra yards during the same stop each time? I always like it when I do not have to waste time and expense of driving.

Politely inform the current client that you gave her a special price because she is a friend of your mom (don't bring up the medical/cancer thing). Then tell her that you can't afford to offer the same discount to others.

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Just be honest..... if they don't like that then you don't want to deal with them anyway.....

D

5. PROFESSORRAIN

PROFESSORRAIN LawnSite Member

I was making a little joke but i'm sure everyone understands what the meaning was.also tell the original person who started this for you that you appreciate the good word for your services.He probably doesn't have much to laugh about right now could make things a little lighter for him to get a laugh.

6. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

I aggre, Just be honest they will understand. If not then there a pita