Customer's husband accuses me of having affair with his wife and fired me?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HenryB, Apr 12, 2006.

1. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm really pissed, this guy fires me and says he knows I've been seeing his wife. His reason is because when I came over to discuss more work (profitable work) his german sheperd escaped out and greeted me in a friendly way. I pet his head (really nice dog).He tells me his dog is trained to attack all strangers. He then got weird told me to go. Then calls me two hours later with crazy questions and accusations. The answer is no, never had an affair with her. I don't even know her. Lost a very profitable account?

2. imdawrlus

imdawrlus LawnSite Member

he sounds like a nut.

3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

Fired u? stop talking like that, and realize you are the BOSS. Unless he provides you with a w-2 and does all the other stuff that employers are REQUIRED to BY LAW, then you were not fired.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well it may be a profitable account..but no amount of money is worth that kind of drama or worth working for somebody who does not trust you.
    Forget it and move on.

5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Profitable or not, who needs to work for a paranoid nutjob?
    I bet that there won't be anything good goin on there if he accuses everyone his dog doesn't attack of sleeping with his wife, its probably good he let you go, cuz when they get divorced and start dividing finances you would be at the bottom of a long list of people that need to be paid.

6. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like a real psycho...

7. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

lawnsite is funny

8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like something my girlfriend would do.

9. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Time to count your blessings. This is the kind of volatile mix that makes front-page headlines and the local 5:00 o'clock evenin' news...jealous rages, bizarre love triangles, some one always gets shot. Let it go and move on.

James

10. firekilr2

firekilr2 LawnSite Member

How was it? LOL