Customers of TG!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jonspolaris, Jun 24, 2006.

1. jonspolaris

jonspolaris LawnSite Member

I have noticed that, at least in my area, the typical TG customer is someone who doesent know a lot about lawns. It seems like the want a clueless customer. I live near a couple dentist who have VERY well manicured lawns. niether will touch TG with a 10ft pole. They have a local fert contractor.

Have you noticed that the typical TG customer is more interested in the lawn being green for cheap, where as the customer of a local fert company wants a quality turf.

any ideas?

2. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

yes i agree.
    they are looking for things for free and cheap.

3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Yes very ture, most consumers who buy our services really dont care how we go to get there as long as we get there. Green and no weeds...And I would also agree that alot of our customer may have been at one time TG and then found out they can never get there questions answered on billing issues, lawn issues etc. the local guy the buck stops here.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

It is different in our area. TG is about 20 % higher in prices and have poor quality to boot. I do all of my fert myself and make 300% profit on it. I do sub out all major weed and preem to a local fert and squirt guy. He charges me about half of what TG guy quoted when he caught me on one of my props. I basically listened to him and then told him that I liked my customers and wanted to keep them. I have picked up many customers from TG very bad habit of making it grow 12 inches and then petering out 3 weeks later.