Customers offer drinks while working?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DIXIECONTRACTING, Jul 26, 2011.

1. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I wish I had one I am tired of paying $2 a bag for ice.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If you got a freezer space, you can just freeze your own ice blocks, and drop them into the coolers every day.

3. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Yea I wish I did unfortunately we have a smaller refrigerator which means a small freezer so no space only a few cube freezers and space for a few steaks etc. Was thinking of getting a newer unit with a ice maker or larger for freezing blocks but funds a little short due to new addition to family coming in January.

4. Wet_Boots

There are some decent little chest freezers to be had, if you can stand the manual-defrost.

I'm thinking of getting one, just so that I can keep ice cream in better shape than frost-free freezers do.

5. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

ice cream doesn't last long enough at my house for this to be a problem:laugh:

6. Wet_Boots

Next winter, I might crank out a few gallons of premium strawberry ice cream, when one of the local supermarkets sells those half-flats of Florida strawberries for cheap.

7. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

I have basically gotten to the point of telling my wife to stop buying Ice Cream during weekly shopping trips. Generally, I have very few issues with maintaining decent eating habits, but ice cream has become my nemesis. Not sure if it has something to do with getting older, working in the sun all day and getting low blood sugar levels, but I literally can plow through a gallon in 2 days if it's in the house.

8. Wet_Boots

Ice cream is just too easy. Besides, you have to lose some of that sweet stuff as time goes by. The human body just can't take it.

9. GreenLight

GreenLight LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Seriously, if I had two present options, one being sex and the other being Ice cream, I would be at a crossroads.