1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customers / Potential Customers in bad neighborhoods

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Coles Lawn Service, Apr 26, 2013.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

No fortys today, but there were tons of paper trash, soda cans, and water bottles.

And a brake pad. Right where I would have hit it with my mower.

Discriminate me this - why don't I have to pick up trash in any other neighborhoods before I mow?

I really need to drop these accounts.
  2. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

What kind of mower do you use for cutting bricks and bottle jacks? I use my bagger for the condoms crack pipes, Brillo and syringes. They must make some funked up compost with city yard waste.

Several years back I was cutting a big vacant lot for a bank in the HOOD. Parked my truck on the street in the shade. The locals must have had a good laugh. Bunch of young kids were playing in the street. When I finished up mowing I went to get the trimmer. Yeah, you guessed it. Gone. Along with a push mower and a blower. Nobody saw anything.

Descrimination my arse. It's a matter of risk vs reward. If it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up, it probably isn't worth it.
    Posted via Mobile Device