Customers say the dumbest things...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Sep 23, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a customer today...tell me that she didnt think she needed her lawn cut because "I have the type of grass that dies in the winter" ....so I sat there........in a daze of uncomfortably dumb.....and all I could think was.... ummmmm It's F'N September!!! AND 75 degrees at 10 in the morning!!! lol Why do people think the first day of Fall...is the first day of Winter?? I simply remided her...that her grass will grow til mid November. ERRRRRRR! Do you guys/gals have anything dumb that you've heard lately from a client? Anyway... I think I will be ridding myself of Mrs. Gump next year.

2. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

A customer that I usually get to at around 10 AM to 10:30 AM on Thursday, leaves me a cell phone message at 11:15 AM. She says, "It's 11:15 and you're not here yet. It's a beautiful day, why are you starting so late today. I want to hang my wash outside. Why are you so late? This is rediculous. I don't even see your truck yet." :confused:

I guess the fact that it has rained at times over the last 3 days doesn't register with her. I was still catching up on Wednesdays cuts when she called.

Oh, she has told me before to come to her door first before I start cutting so she knows when I'm there. (probably wants to time me)

I would drop her but she's in the middle of 9 cuts that I do on her street, and neighbours talk.

3. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer that comes out every week and shoots the breeze while I'm loading up (old guy in his 70's) This past week as I'm waiting for his routine lol he walk's up and tells me he's taking his 1960's rv on a 3 week fishing trip and that I should hold servicing the lawn till he gets back, I asked him if he was taking his lawn with him and he gave me the deer in the headlights look, I laughed and told him the grass still grows even when your not home

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

people always cease to amaze me. the things that come out of customers mouths sometimes i just have to step back and just wonder what the hell is going through their minds.

5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

LOL, people always stop to amaze me too.....:laugh:

6. Raven386

from CT

hmm there was supposed to be a never in there huh?!

7. Raven386

from CT

the important thing is.... i knew what i meant! aslong as it makes sense to me! :laugh:

8. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

That's the funniest comeback I've heard in a long time. Good job!

9. MarkintheGarden

MarkintheGarden LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, I guess Mr. and Mrs. Gump split up cause I got a guy who is saying the same thing to me!

Lawns and gardens make sense, their owners rarely do.

10. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I was cutting earliy sat morning and the morning dew was still on the grass and I was finishing up and the owner says that I did a $hitty job. I said excuse me he didn't like the stripes and that I didn't cut the grass I just layed it down. :confused: He is getting harder and harder to deal with as he gets older. Just a few weeks ago he stated that I did a hell of a job. This is my only customer that has complained this year, everybody else compliments my work