1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Customers say the dumbest things...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah really, just eliminate the customers, employees, breakdowns, and inconsistent schedules,.. and we would have the best business out there...

2. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

....this is true. LOL....still.:laugh:

Dennis

3. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

I always said....."If it doesn't rain and everyone shows up, the truck won't start." or "If everythings ready to go and the weather is perfect, someone's going to be a no-show."

4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Tell her most people have lawns that die in the winter but since its only fall you will continue to cut at planned. :waving:

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Well she called me back 3 days later and said..."okay...you can cut it...its getting too long" 3 DAYS!!!!!!! HAHA I had to laugh!

6. ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO.

ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO. LawnSite Member

Last week i lowered the blades on my mower to 2.5 inches and a customer came out complaining that the grass was cut too short and requested that i do something to make it longer for her. I wanted to tell her to go into a comma for 3 days and wake up when it was at her desired height. Unreal

7. S. Helwig

S. Helwig LawnSite Member

I must really be living right...My clients never complain. In fact yesterday I stopped in to do a (goodwill-call) at one of my larger customers to see if their was anything else I could do for them. He said everything was perfect. I also do two of their homes, I told him I was going to be raising my rates next season on all of my residential business and all he said was it's about time...Ha! Strange huh? Have a great FRIDAY everyone!

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!???? WOW! Now that's a response we wish all of our customers would say when rates are raised!

9. ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO.

ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO. LawnSite Member

Wow helwig must be the best of the best. His customers never complain and they even want to give him more money. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all like him.