customers spouse's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RBP, Aug 21, 2004.

1. RBP

RBP LawnSite Member
    from mi

Anybody have a customer that you work for that is decent to deal with then one day you meet their significant other and the person is a total jerk to you?Happend to me this summer.I did a few small jobs for this lady,she was one of the nicest people iv'e ever dealt with,then one day I show up to do a job she had asked me to do and she wasn't home and I had the pleasure of dealing with her husband for the first time.This guy was a major d**ckhead to say the least.Kind of turned me off to doing any future work for them.The weird thing is I had to return the next day to get paid and she apologized for her husband being such a jerk to me even thuogh I had never even mentioned it(must be he is a jerk to everyone he deals with).
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, I have one in particular where the guy is really cool while she is a pain in the @ss. She is so controlive and ego driven that she actually has kept her maiden name through 2 marriages because of how well her family name is known in the community

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Usually I find that if I'm on nice terms with the housewife, the husband tends to have an attitude (maybe he's jealous of our relationship). But I don't have anyone that's real bad to deal with, thankfully.
  4. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

Funny you should mention this. I was thinking the other day..guess there's a first for everything!....while I was mowing, that so many of my customers are like that. Either the husband or wife is terrific, but the spouse it looney! Had a lady wanting me to scalp her yard last week...I tried to explain to her that wasn't the best thing to do in August if she wanted to keep her yard. We talked about it for at least 5 minutes. Then I went to pick up my check for other work I had done for her husband, and I happened to mention to him that she wanted their yard scalped...he flipped! Next time I went to their house to work, she told me, "Why, I never said to scalp the yard....." Yeah right! Guess it just shows, opposites do attract.
  5. RBP

RBP LawnSite Member
    from mi

Yeah that's exaxctly what I was thinking, opposites attract.
  6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I get along with the husband very well, but the wife is just a fcking *****!