Customers that leave with the leaves??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Sep 30, 2002.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Do any of you have customers that live in their house for part of the year and then relocate to a "different" climate?

We call them snow birds here and you folks in Florida and Phoenix know who I am talking about.

I really like them. I only have two but they stay here for the summers and then depart for their other house/condo around the middle of October. That makes for easy cleaning without someone busting my ear on when I am gonna come and clean the sidewalks.

Just wondering how many of you have snow birds in the winter or the opposite - heat birds in the summer?

2. Tyner Lawn Service

Tyner Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

I have a few customers who go to Phoenix. I myself at the end of the year use to go down to Phoenix and putter around with winter lawn care. It was too costly. By the way Mow Ed I use to race snowmobiles up in your neck of the woods. Where are you from Eagle River?

3. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

I have a couple of them up here, they are very good customers, all they ask is that I keep the place up while they are gone, and never are late paying me.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I have one property that I rough-cut for a customer throughout the summer. It is a hunting cabin and it takes a lot of trust on their part to have confidence that you are doing your part and maintaining the property. I never have a problem with these people not paying on time.

Gravely_Man

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I like my snowbirds too.

Tyner,
    I am in the Green Bay area, its a little poke to Eagle River. I have a buddy that used to race there also in the early 90's. He still aint all there when he gets on a sled. I don't know how you guys do that. Neat to watch. The winters have been pretty bad as far as not getting snow for the past few years. I'd like to get a sled but don't want to have to drive 5 hours with it on a trailer to use it.
    Take care.

6. I have some like that, but she has a bunch of houses. I guess they are guest houses but I never see anyone there.

She put me on a salery this year for the extra stuff like take the mail and newspaper in, put the garbage out, keep the sprinklers going, some I have to run a hose on. It was easier to do salery than pay me each time I went to them. I only have to go by a few times a week, but we are at these house at least once a week to mow.

Other than her here for some of the football season, no one around here that I do does much of the relocating for the seasons.

7. Mr_Marc

Mr_Marc LawnSite Member

I have a few they come down for the winter and leave in the spring. But pay for a whole year up front. I can't wait till the two week mowing season starts!

8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

exactly!! best customers i've ever had :D