customers wants on mower size

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kc2006, Apr 24, 2004.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I've been thinking and I really want to get a commercial mower just for a more professional look, I mean i don't think a little 21" or 23" mower looks professional enough. Have you guys ever not gotten lawns because you were only using a push mower and the people wanted a big mower? I should be getting a used 48" exmark metro for $700 in the next couple weeks but until then i'm going to have to do with a push mower.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Chin Up!!
    A couple of weeks is not long:D

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I have seen a few times and this is rare when they complain the mower is to big. Every one has their own nitch some want to put in large amounts of time hand weeding and all sorts of extras. For them the 21s are a good choice I for one do good work but I am not a gardener I go for speed and production. I would rather do a 20 dollar lawn and be done in 6-8 mins then do a 30 and have it take half an hour. I am replacing my secondary mower a 48 inch metro with a 44 inch lazer hp this season it may be a smaller deck but it can cut twice the grass in the same amount of time.