Cut At 15mph.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gatorman1, Feb 5, 2007.

1. gatorman1

gatorman1 LawnSite Member

I was just wondering about these ztr's cutting at 15mph like the hustlers and dixies is this possible? I know when I mow wide open it leaves some strays. Scag wildcat 27hp. If you can't cut smooth at top speeds whats really the point of 12 or 15mph? I don't like to double cut several acres!

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

High speed is for Transit.........

3. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

I for one can mow with my Dixie at 15MPH....just remember that has to be in wide open conditions, with dry grass that is being cut on time

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Been there done that with a dixie. So, umm, Yes you can mow full speed on a dixie.

6. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

same here with my super z. wide open conditions make a difference.

7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I will give you an open football field cut once a week in our spring and there is no way you will run wide open with out chunking and leaving swaths.
    I can see mid to late summer when they dry from sprinklers but not spring and fall week growth.

8. my stomach won't let me.

9. ScagBoy09

ScagBoy09 LawnSite Member

I couldn't imagine riding on a ztr that quick, unless you have some really smooth terrain since ztrs ride like a brick sh*t house. I dont like to mow going as fast as I can. Yes, it might save time, but in the long run the grass doesn't get a very even cut. The high speed like said above is for transportation purposes, not for actual mowing imo.

10. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

i coach and cut our field. maybe it leaves swaths because bermuda should be mowed at least 3 times a week. and yes i mow it full speed.