Cut Grass Too Short-What to do?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Want2BGreen, May 24, 2006.

1. Want2BGreen

Want2BGreen LawnSite Member

I've been in my home for 5 years now and this is the first time I've been ecstatic with my lawn. It's green, thick and relatively weed free.

I came home Saturday evening to find that my neighbor (for whatever reason) had cut a section of my lawn down to about an inch! Some places you can see all the way down to the dirt, other places grass is sticking up- it's a mess.

It's been a dry week and I've been watering everyday. Is this the best thing for it? Do I just have to wait for it to grow or is there something else I should be doing to protect what is left? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

2. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

Right now, watering is the best thing you can do. If you haven't fertilized lately, a little fertilizer will help. Maybe threaten your neighbor so it doesn't happen again.

3. Want2BGreen

Thanks. The guy doesn't actually live there yet- is renovating- so I haven't been able to catch him to threaten or beg to please don't do that again.

Can you recommend a good summer fertilizer? The temps here are in the upper 70s and it hasn't rained in about a week. Forcasted for about 5 days of rain starting tomorrow though. Thanks.

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Temps in the upper 70s are considered summer there?.. weird. How big of an area got whacked down like that?

5. Want2BGreen

Ok- well not necessarily summer- late spring then... it's been weird weather wise this year.

The entire part between my driveway and the end of my yard- I'd guess a 10'x30' section.

6. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Call your local Lesco guy. www.lesco.com and type in your zip, it will give you the closest store. Then smack your neighbor. Hard.

7. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

8. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I think I would go over the area with some topsoil. Apply a thin even layer of topsoil to the scalped area using the flat backside of a garden rake to spread. No fert IMO, that will just finish the grass off.