cut-off saw

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by paolaken, Jan 2, 2006.

1. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

anyone know anything about partner cut-off saws? any good?

2. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

the Partner name is good quality in general. the cutoff saws are pretty good quality, unfortunately, they dont still make chainsaws anymore.

3. chesie

chesie LawnSite Member

We have both Partner & Stihl saws. My guys and myself included will p/u the Partner before the Stihl. Alot of that is the sheer fact that the Partner is a thousand times easier to start. Good saw.

4. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

We have one, it is having some carb work done right now, but I think that is is our fault. I would buy another, starts easy, runs great.

5. PAPS Landscape Design

PAPS Landscape Design LawnSite Member
    from us

We have had like 6? Partner K-700 and K-750 over the last 2-3 years. They are easily the best saw's on the market and we have used them all. I would never buy anything other then a Partner again. They don't even compare to a Stihl.

6. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We have Partner and Husqvarna. The Partner is a good saw, next to a Husqvarna, second best. The Husky's have more power, and don't waste as many belts as the Partners.

7. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Use to be die hard Stihl fan but changed to partner and have never looked back... run the 950's. Main reason for switching was the filtration system ... At the time Partners were much more idiot proof. With multiple users that is what we needed ... I believe Stihl may have improved now.

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

partners is by far easier to start. mine starts on the first or second pull.

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have used Partner for years as equipment on the Fire Engines and Ladder truck I ride. They all were very hard to start and keep running. They were also very heavy. We have replaced them all with Huskys (compact, light, powerful) and Stihls (smaller and more reliable)....

I will say this......if they got used regularly they may have performed better. We do start them every moring and run them 1-2 times a week.

10. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We have 2 Partners. Love em! Easy to start, light, more power, and the filtration system. I think they are balanced better too.

Chris