1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cut price per acre of actual grass?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by birdturd9726, Mar 17, 2009.

1. birdturd9726

birdturd9726 LawnSite Member

their is an estate i need to bid. They property is about 2 - 2.5 acres
    their is exactly 1 acre of grass to be cut. how much would you charge to cut 1 acre of grass, pretty straightforward wide open grass...half in the front half in the back.
  2. burge19

burge19 LawnSite Member

about 50 to 60 i would say depending on trimming and blowing
  3. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

$70.00 with edging/trimming blowing. Your hourly rate should be $40.00--$50.00.
  4. jlawnman

jlawnman LawnSite Member
    from NC

no less than 50/cut... but consider trim work. I have a bunch of 1/4 acres yards that are 60/cut because of all the edging and weedwacker work. I also have an acre lot that I cut for 40/cut... no trimming or edging or blowing. It all depends on the foot work involved.
  5. birdturd9726

you guys charge $60 to cut 1 acre of straight grass????
    i get $35 to cut 1/2 with a house, pool and decks on it, and it takes me about 30 mins.

heres an aerial.. tell me what your range would be to cut this...

6. jlawnman

jlawnman LawnSite Member
    from NC

Long driveway to blow off. Full perimeter with trimmer plus two subroutes around house. How much edging? Are you bagging, discharging, or mulching? Looks like about a 20-30 minutes job for my crew with 2 working. No less than 50/cut. If there's a lot of edging to do around beds and whatnot.. then 60-70/cut final answer.
  7. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

80 nothing less thats a lot
  8. aird208

aird208 LawnSite Member

We are $80-$100 an acre. I'd go about $90 for that one
  9. birdturd9726

how long would you expect that to take w/ a three man crew...
    1 weed wacking
    1 on a 32" walk behind
    1 on a 40" walk behind
  10. JNyz

JNyz LawnSite Bronze Member

Instead of asking us, why don't you ask yourself. What are you expenses per hour? How much do you need to profit per hour? What is the going rate in your area? If you need to make 100.00 per hour to show a nice profit, you can get this property done in 45 minutes and the going rate in your area is 125.00 per hour, I sure you can figure it out without our help.