Cut Quality - 36" Super Surfer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut This!, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Cut This!

Cut This! LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me any feedback on the cut quality of a 36" Super Surfer. It has a 36" deck and three blades. How does it do in tall grass or wet grass?

Thanks

2. Old Guy

Old Guy LawnSite Member

I don't have an answer to your question but would be interested in any experience that anyone might have with this machine - cut, cost, maintenance needs etc.

3. dgrazdude

dgrazdude LawnSite Member

Hi gentlemen,

I did some checking between the Wright Stander and and the Great Dane Super Surfers before I bought my 52" Wright Stander.
    To be honest I have heard very little good about the great danes SS. Supposedly John deere bought them out, and wether that is good or bad depends on your opionion. I can tell you that the Wright Stander is an incredible machine. It takes some getting use to though. Before you make a purchase I would suggest demo-ing both brands. The Wright dealers were glad to do this.
    One difference between the machines is that they are directly oposite in how they turn. You will see what I mean when you demo them. They both are about the same price. Hope this helps.
    Dgrazdude