Cut Quality Comparisons??? Hustler XR-7 deck vs EverRide, EXmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rob7233, Apr 17, 2006.

1. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone had actual CUT QUALITY, side by side, comparison experience with the new Hustler XR-7 deck vs an EverRide Warrior or an EXmark Triton deck?

I am in the process of narrowing my choices down for a ZTR with a 60", 27hp or better machine. My prospects are the EverRide Warrior 60/27, the Hustler Super Z 60/27 (XR-7), and the EXmark Lazer Z 60/27.

I would also like to hear from Hustler fans about their experience regarding the cut quality difference when comparing the old style decks with the XR-7.

I have read a number of reviews and have been at both the Hustler and EXmark areas of LS. I have yet to demo any of them yet, but would appreciate the input of any first hand experience. I live in Florida, so the grass I'm cutting is St. Augustine (Floretam) and Bahia.

Thanks in advance,
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

With those two grasses I'm thinking you'll appreciate the adjustability of the XR7.

My Lesco/Cub cuts the stringy growth like bahia very well.
    The old eXmark decks don't do nearly as well.
    I somehow doubt the Triton will be an improvement for eXmark in that department.
    But I could be wrong....

I would suggest you demo the Hustler and eXmark you have selected, plus Grasshopper, Scag, Toro and Cub/Lesco.
  3. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

i had my doubts that exmark could improve too,until friday when i traded my ultra cut 23/60 for a triton 27/,it is better,stripes better with no roller than my ultra with a roller.checked deck tonite to clean and was spotless.i love mine and would highly reccomend a triton to anyone.i bought the susp seat with mine and i dont belive there is a better mower made.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Does it cut the stringy stuff better?

If so that's great. I just didn't see where they did any work on the deck to address that issue. Maybe I missed something.
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The 66" XR-7 leaves nothing standing at any speed and I could not say that about my 2005 27/60. When you demo them it want be a problem for you to decide just put them in the worst conditions you have to mow and let the mowers speak for themselves.
  6. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

The Hustler XR7 Super Z will give you lots more bang for the buck. Awsome deck, and has extras that are standard, that will cost you $$ on most other mowers.