cut quality fix kits

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, May 17, 2007.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I recently converted my 60" Super xr-7 back to discharge mode. Today, while cutting nice, fine lawns I noticed a lot of stringers and so on. I left the front fix baffles out and the fft fixes on. Could you refresh me as to the proper baffling set up on this kit? Thanks in advance

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Did you have the air lift kit installed last year?
    You need to have the air lift kit (front baffling) installed and the triangle baffles installed.
    E-mail me if you have any questions.

Pj

3. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

The addition of triangles and baffle will help in many ways, however there is the tradeoff that the deck will then plug up with grass very quickly. This has been my and several others experience. The deck stays pretty clean in stock form, so we double cut, or bag the grass which strangely enough helps the cut quality rather then use the fix kit. The buildup of grass and chunks was not working for us. Good luck.

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Mine continues to build up the deck. I have taken the triangle baffles out and it didn't seem to help. It still packed up, just not as fast. Scraping after every lawn is not possible for me. I get about 60#s of grass out each to, not to mention its so time consuming.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Have you talked to Ken and Matt?