cut throats

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stuart H Switzer, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Stuart H Switzer

Stuart H Switzer LawnSite Member

I live in a small community about 8000 people.My problem is that every one who has a truck and a riding mowing thinks they are in the business.They work for beans and some of them get good jobs.What do you do about the situation?

2. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Curl up in a ball and cry like me!!!!!!!!

3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

We have guy's that drive 45/ 60 minutes, just to cut grass in our town because the money is much better. You may have mow in another town that supports the type of money you want to make.
    FPS

4. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

or 8 other places like it. My favorite one's are the sprinkler guys who after the install say it's too far to come for service.

They all come here just urinating all over each others feet to bash prices down to work in a $$$$ town. Of course the customers can be just as bad calling someone from far away rather than local becasue if your a contractor and can afford to live in this town you must be expensive.

When I was young I couldn't get jobs becasue I didn't havve as much experience. Now I can't get jobs because I'm tooo established and know too much.

Talk about Catch 22.

5. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to Lawnsite STUART, although I'm pretty new here, too.

Type " lowballer" in the search engine and enjoy some good stories and good advice. You're not alone, my man.

Good Luck, Landscraper

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I charge twice as much as everyone else and explain you get what you pay for. Some folks out there do believe great quility cost more and the ones that don't you would'nt want. They would just drop you when the next low baller comes along and believe me he will.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

do good work ,that shows the difference in your wk.