Cut through grass to hand out Marketing Information?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by tyler_mott85, Mar 2, 2010.

?

Do you walk through grass or stay on concrete?

1. Save the grass, walk the few extra feet, stay on the sidewalks.

23 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. Screw the grass, save the few extra seconds, cut thru the grass.

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  1. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys walk through the grass door to door when handing out flyers, door hangers and the such? Like a postman on foot does?

Or do you stay on sidewalks and driveways?

I personally have always stayed on the concrete as I find it disrespectful to walk through the yard of someone you do not know.

2. meicher806

meicher806 LawnSite Senior Member

I went with save the grass, but it really depends on the area that im hitting up. if im in a area i can get 60+ a lawn you bet your but im not cutting through the grass, now if im in a area that i will pull 30 a lawn i may or may not cut through, i guess it depends on my mood and bed placement also plays into my choice, I will not walk through flower beds, climb retaining walls ect.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i say screw the grass, normally i respect property, but in this case you are talking more than a few extra feet when you are dealing with a couple thousand hangers.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i try my best to no cut through the grass!

5. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

If people would get upset if I walked on their grass to talk to them, HTF am I supposed to do the maintenance on their lawn. Petty little fascists can find someone else to enslave.

6. Mike's LawnCare Landscape

Mike's LawnCare Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

well I don't hand door hangers so I cant answer this . But I do try and stay on the side walks. There is a bank that i use some times and there grass next to there side walk is dead from every one walking on it !!!!

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i try to please people by staying off the grass

8. moregreensc

moregreensc LawnSite Member

Agree with greendoctor 100%. I'll walk on the sidewalk/walkway on maybe 1 out of 100 yards, if it is a nice lush lawn. Especially if you are handing out thousands of flyers or brochures:walking:

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

the homeowner prolly doesnt want you walking threw their yard