1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

CutMore Blades???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bunky, Sep 27, 2004.

1. bunky

bunky LawnSite Member

Does anyone use Cut More Blades??? I was thinking of trying them, but wanted to get some input from others... I bought Gators and weren't impressed with them, They left Streaks etc.
  2. MWE

MWE LawnSite Member
    from NC

never heard of it, can you post the web site
  3. bunky

bunky LawnSite Member

Here's the website maybe these blades are new, I just happen to find them in the last issue of Turf..

Cutmore blade
  4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I checked the website and I don't believe they offer me anything I need.

I don't have sand problems and despite what they say, I think I can swap three blades quicker than I can change six inserts.

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Interesting looking product. As Geo pointed out you can swap out blades much quicker then you can inserts. Let us know if you get a set and how they work for you.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree completely. It looks like another case where someone's idea outweighs practicality for novelty and difference. It would take longer to change on end or to switch it around than it would to change a whole blade, and you SURE don't have the amount of actual cutting edge as you do on a regular blade. I don't believe I like the liability concerns involved with have a detachable end that can potentially detatch, either. This liability concern is the same one shared with other manufacturers that have interchangable ends. Nope,....sometimes original IS better,
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

And then there is the cost involved. Without breaking out the calculator I beleive it may almost be cheaper to buy Gators at my local dealer, use them until they're really dull and then throw them away.

If you decide to buy these blades make sure you buy an extra blade. At a 4 week build time you wouldn't want to have to wait to get a new one if you bend one.